Sigma 10-20 WA with Lee Filters

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
No
Does anyone know if the Sigma 10-20 wide angle lens will work with the Lee Filters 100mm foundation kit?

I'm looking to add a wide angle lens to the Nikkor 24-70 I use most of the time, but have been told, that apart from the new Lee 150 kit nothing will fit the Nikkor 12-24 wide angle. I was just wondering if any other WA lenses took the 100mm Lee filter kit?

On my nikon dx body I couldn't go any wider than 14mm without seeing the holder with a 77 w-a holder! But I've got a mate who has the 3.5 with 82mm filter who says it goes wider! Although he shoots crop canon so he's not so wide

Last edited:
You can get an thinner adaptor ring that might let you get it down to around 12mm.

I am assuming the OP isn't using an FX camera?

Assuming he's got a sigma 10-20 then no unless he's using in crop mode ....

You can get an thinner adaptor ring that might let you get it down to around 12mm.

That's the WA adaptor I said about unless there's a newer one

Reactions: ST4

Apologies to you both. After posting the thread I did a bit of further "searching" and eventually realised the 10-20 is not for full frame cameras. I was hoping to use it on my D3s and D810 bodies. The search goes on.

Last edited:
It is all depend on how much you can afford or spend to buy, if you can't afford much then you may not have much options, i have different UWA lenses that all need that larger filters than 100mm, so i bought different filter holders to accommodate those lenses, bu those holders aren't cheap.

Also to my understand, Sigma 10-20 is 77mm filter thread, this is very easy then to have holder and filters, i use that with my previous lens 16-35 even with Canon 10-22 on APS-C but i never use APS-C nowadays and kept that 10-22 for kids, 16-35 on my full frame is almost equivalent to 10-22 on crop bodies, and it has 77mm [mk1], and i don't have vignetting or issues, i even used 2-3 lenses at once, i use what is called as a "Wide Angle" adapter ring model, not normal standard adapter ring, this will prevent or say reduce the vignetting a lot, i just bought Tamron 15-30 that is really wide to use with my Sony and Canon bodies and this lens has no filter thread, but i found a filter holder designed for it and i already have larger filters [150x150mm, 150x170mm].

Apologies to you both. After posting the thread I did a bit of further "searching" and eventually realised the 10-20 is not for full frame cameras. I was hoping to use it on my D3s and D810 bodies. The search goes on.

Nikkor 16-35 F4 takes 100mm filters as does the 18-35 nikkor. Both take the 77mm adaptor ring

Ziess 21mm prime, Ziess 18mm prime and Nikkor 20mm F1.8g are all lee 100mm filter system friendly and all these lenses take the 77mm adaptor ring

You can use the 10-20 on FF bodies BUT it'll vignette a lot, although you can set the bodies to automatically switch to DX mode when a DX/DC/DiII lens is fitted. The crop factor also means that you'll only get the angle of view of a 15mm FF lens at the 10-20's widest.

You can use the 10-20 on FF bodies BUT it'll vignette a lot, although you can set the bodies to automatically switch to DX mode when a DX/DC/DiII lens is fitted. The crop factor also means that you'll only get the angle of view of a 15mm FF lens at the 10-20's widest.

And using a D810 end up with a 16mp image too. Makes no sense. A 16-35 or 18-35 makes much more sense. Good lenses too.

D800 + 16-35 F4

http://1-stephen-taylor.pixels.com/...hits-buachaille-etive-mor-stephen-taylor.html

16-35 f4 is gonna be my next buy

Thanks again for all the help. I'll take a look at the 16-35 f4. Bit of a bonus the thread size being the same as the 24-70 f2.8.

Reactions: ST4
i think 16mm is as wide as you can go and still use screw in filters and the lee/cokin style without fancy holder on full frame dslr, its 10mm on crop

maybe the 15mm macro by venus but might be worth checking if that really is 15mm, plus its not that sharp.

voightlander do 10? 12 and 15mm ff ultrawides in m mount that are compact and normal filter thread on some

Back