Sigma 10-20

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Can someone answer a quick question. Someone is selling their Sigma 10-20 as they no longer have a crop sensor body, is the 10-20 not compatible with full frame bodies? I ask as I am moving to full frame in the next 12 months and planned to keep mine...

Many thanks for the replies, then I can sell it to help fund my 16-35, which helps with the budget.

Hi, is the Sigma 10-20 as good as reviews say it is? I was thinking of getting one myself to go on my D7000 mainly for landscapes.

I have one, probably selling it sadly as I have moved to full frame, but when I used it on my D200 it was by far my favourite landscape lens. It can be used on a full frame camera like the D800 in crop mode, but I have the 17-35 2.8 anyway so have not used the 10-20 for a while. I have also heard that Tokina make a nice wide angle, but have no experience of it.

My 10-20 is never off my camera (canon), which was why I was going to keep it, but I suppose if I have the 16-35 I wont miss the 10-20, but for the price its a great lens, if a little soft around the edges.

The Sigma 10-20 is a very good lens, but Sigma do have some quality control issues. It took me three attempts to get a perfect 10-20mm. The first two were both blurry left of center, but the third was spot on. Luckily I bought from a UK retailer who were happy to perform multiple exchanges and pay return postage costs.

So, my advice is to buy from a UK retailer, or buy mine from the classified ads section:). I really wouldn't be selling it if I hadn't just upgraded to FF.

Back