Sigma 10-20mm. Fake?

Name
Garry
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I recently bought the above lens from a seller on ebay. When i received it looked nothing like the lens i had ordered or seen in any of the shops. This one has no 'window' at the top and no manual focus switch. I bought it in Pentax fit. Is it a fake?

Garry

Could be an honest mistake, put wrong item in box. etc

Or could be fake. Sounds like you should contact the seller...

The Nikon version doesn't have a focus switch - prehaps its the same for your version ?

I may be wrong here but isn't the 10-20 only available as manual focus with a Pentax mount?

Bob

I have recently bought the Sigma 10-20, Pentax fit & it doesn't have the "window" or manual switch on the lens - I think this is on the HSM version only, which isn't available for Pentax

I bought mine from SRS, UK Pentax dealer, so am sure it's a uk spec lens

Just a word of caution -- make sure you do some "image tests", it took me 3 copies to get a good one. Seems de-centering is common with the 10-20

simon

The canon has HSM defo i have one and there is a little window looks like they could be different.

Mark

The lens shown on Photozone is exactly the same as the one I bought from SRS & it definitely Autofocuses too !! There's no HSM 10-20 available for Pentax

I think most websites just use the "stock" HSM image on their sites, including the official Sigma site too

simon

Cheers for the replies, i think it is a genuine lens and that they have used stock photos as suggested. I have taken a few pics with it and it seems OK, it vignettes slightly at 10mm and there is some distortion but i can fix that in PTLens.

Cheers once again.

Garry

Back