Sigma 10-20mm + screw in filters

Edit My Images
No
Does anyone here have a Sigma 10-20mm with a screw in filter on it? The reason i ask is that i usually put a UV filter on my lenses to give them a bit of protection especially from sea spray (i'd rather clean the filter than the lens direct). The lens in question has a habit of vignetting if not used as standard so i'm wondering before i spend mega bucks on a UV filter for it's 77mm thread, if anyone here has any experience in this area?

I have a uv filter on mine. As the hood is very shallow I worry that I will bang the front element against stuff when it's hanging on my shoulder so the filter always stays on. Never had any vignetting problems with it.

Tbabe - have you got one of the thin CPL's or a normal one?

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've got a hoya cpl , no problems here either

I tried this last summer for a customer who was concerned about vignetting. I managed to get it to vignette when I stacked two (slim) UVs and two (slim) CPLs, but not otherwise. And if I'd had it on a Canon (1.6x crop) instead of Nikon (1.5x crop) I might have got away with it even then.

not to hijack or nothing but could someone link to a good cpl for it?

Oh and do you keep your cpl on it all the time or just put it on when you need it? Dont quite get filters yet...

so for example i like using the 10-20 for fun shots with friends on the beach and stuff. Could i leave the cpl on during the day when the sun is out and take non composed snaps? or would that then make them look strange, just to keep the sky contrast really blue...

Think for quick fire snaps it may slow you down as you would be spinning the CPL to get the results you wanted which would add to the time taken to set up the shot.

Cheers for the info Bertroot. (y)

Back