Review Sigma 100-300 F4 HSM

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
No
Well a massive thanks to One Stop Digital for an Awesome price and superb delivery

quick summary

DSC_5930.jpg

DSC_5931.jpg

DSC_5932.jpg

DSC_5933.jpg

it looks the business

only wish i had my 70-300VR to see what the difference is like

but first impressions are fantastic, it was delivered to my grandma's today so after work i go down taking the camera so i can practice in the garden lol

the lens itself looks very well built, feels nice in the arm even though alittle heavy (this maybe due to me not owning a "heavy" ish lens before though but i am sure i will get used to it. its fast, focus and clik and its off

few quick pics i took in manual mode, F4 ISo 200/400 and a low ish shutter speed (around 160)

This one was taken through a window

DSC_5894.jpg

100mm

DSC_5912.jpg

300mm - all three

DSC_5913.jpg

DSC_5928.jpg

DSC_5929.jpg

first impessions are fantastic and i cant wait to get out with it more. will update more over the coming days and with more pics this weekend

would def recommend people looking into a 300mm lens look into this

Thanks

I've got one :) Bought mine from URGalaxy though...

The lens just oozes quality, doesn't it? It's also tack-sharp wide open, which is a plus!!

really impressed so far

cant wait to get back out

looks so impressive when wide open

it does show in the phrase "you get what you pay for"

i also have one and its awesome lens, bit heavy but looks the dogs!

I reckon the best mid-range zoom ... even with a 1.4x it retains fast and accurate AF and image quality. Better than the Canon 100-400mm and rivals the 120-300mm 2.8 EX. Only downside is weight and length. My experience is it gives good images hand held with good technique, but put it on a good tripod or even a monopod and it really shines.

I really want to get one of these for more serious nature shoots, i love my nikon 70-300 vr but the long end doesnt compare to my old nikon 300 f4 which gave superb image quality but the AF was very slow so i sold it.

the sigma 100-300 offers amazing value for its quality but i would love to see some more images from the lens, could some one link to some images more from the long end please?

Last edited:
It sure is a superb lens. Well worth the dough. I used to own one and wish I still did as it is somewhat lighter than 300mm f/2.8.

King.

used this at the weekend up at Knochill and was suprised but delighted with it

its so fast

will update with pics later on

Back