Sigma 100 300

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

I'm considering buying one of these bad boys - do any of you have one? How would you rate it? I'd love to see some shots please!

I'd also really like to see TC shots too!

Cheers
-Rob

NVM - found the search button!

Well since you asked..
I have one.
I really like it - AF is quick and accurate, sharpness is bang on, I'd even go so far as saying comparible to my 70-200 IS although I haven't pixel peeped enough to really say for sure.

Weight is not too bad, although I use a monopod a lot when doing my rally photography. It is just very nice to use - and I rate that a lot in my gear.

I'll jump in here too, not had mine very long but it's well worth what I paid for it (£480 ish). Im not sure it's worth the usual price of around £700-800 new when that would get you near a 100-400 L but its built very well, love the internal focusing and it's nice and sharp if used well.

Will post a few examples if need be?

yeah as said i had one a while back and it worked well with the Sigma 1.4x, never had a problem with it

(y)Love it...check out any of my wildlife threads all pretty much taken with this lens..works superbly wide open at f4 and gets sharper stopped down a bit..not a lot to touch it in its range in my opinion for the price.Works well with a 1.4x too.

How does this compare to the 70-300VR Nikon? obviously f4 is nice but no VR, is it much better optically?

Also will it work with a 2x TC or just a 1.4?

I have one. Great. Between 100-300 virtually equal to the Canon 100-400L but between 1/2 and 1 stop faster. Will accept a 1.4TC if required.

If Canon made it, it would be white with a red ring around it.

Won't AF on a consumer grade body with a 2.0x t/c but you could manually use it. I'd prefer to crop heavily instead for better IQ.

Almost all the 2008 motorsport shots on my website were taken with the 100-300mm f/4 - it's a cracker of a lens, sharp from wide open, and just feels really nice to use...

Back