sigma 120-300mm f2.8 or sigma 300mm f2.8 ?

Name
Alex james
Edit My Images
Yes
looking at both of these lens ! just dnot know which one to get :/ ? would be used for footy,rugby, most sports wedding work in chruch shots.just not sure which one to pick ? :/

need help !

thanks allex

Agree with Tobers, i got a mint cond nikon 300 2.8 af-s off here for £1800, best lens ive ever used! Before that i had the 300mm AF 2.8
Had Sigma stuff before and had nothing but problems...

as said gotta be the 120-300 for versitility. also its pin sharp and fast.

only downer is its weight. it is handholdable, i do most weekends for equestrian work, if youre up to the challenge :D

I had the 120-300 on a canon and was happy enough.. But the same lens on a nikon I hear isn't as good.. Spoke to people and they just wern't happy...

I was looking for a 70-200 f2.8 and was going to get the Sigma one, but the guys on here said no, go for the Nikon one so I got a Nikon 70-200mm F2.8 AF-S VR from here and it is an awesome lens.

So if you have the money and can afford it then Nikon every time.

My old Sigma 300/2.8 was excellent when it got the shots in focus, but AF was very iffy (on Canon bodies). I'd be inclined to hold on for a Nikon prime. Consider an f4 if needs be - high iso quality is so good these days you can get the stop back - though the dof effect of an f2.8 is a big advantage in sports.

I had the 120-300 on a canon and was happy enough.. But the same lens on a nikon I hear isn't as good.. Spoke to people and they just wern't happy...

far far far away from being true here, nothing but praise for the 120-300 on the D3 here. Every shot on my site bar team shots and head shots are with the sigma. big raps from me. Even coped at Goodison the other night very well, wish i could show you.

do they really go for 1800 the nikons ? :) ahh yeah so 120-300 on d3 mine will be too in march:love: ! ;D so if i can get the extra money nikon is the choice then ?

do they really go for 1800 the nikons ? :) ahh yeah so 120-300 on d3 mine will be too in march:love: ! ;D so if i can get the extra money nikon is the choice then ?

100% keep and eye out on here, and theres usually a few going for around that price

Yes they do - I have one for sale in the classifieds now for less than that that has 12 months warranty from grays of westminster on it.

Back