Sigma 120-400MM APO OS DG f4.5-5.6 (Canon) HSM Lens

Name
Well Dawn of course!
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone have this lens? Opinions please, for wildlife/Zoo type photography.

Dawn, I have it and I couldn't be happier with it. An excellent lens for the money, even with it's recent price rises. Wildlife isn't really my speciality but here are a couple for you. There are hundreds of motorsport shots on my Flickr taken with it if you want to see how sharp it is etc.

1. Not the best. ISO1000 and very dark. Although this is 1/60th, handheld at 400mm, which gives you an idea of how good the IS is.
3163085139_b97b2ca04f_o.jpg

2. Swan close-up
3163922998_d566ca045d_o.jpg

3. And some recent motorsport stuff
3434180022_38525e49ce_o.jpg

Have a look through my Flickr if you want, pretty much everything since late November has been taken with this lens.

Thanks boys.

Thanks for the link Arclight, appreciated, some nice images. Ill keep an eye open for your posts with it when you get it.

Richard, some of your Bird shots are superb and I see you have a 40D which is the body I have, so the results are particularly helpful, thank you.

Dawn, I have it and I couldn't be happier with it. An excellent lens for the money, even with it's recent price rises. Wildlife isn't really my speciality but here are a couple for you. There are hundreds of motorsport shots on my Flickr taken with it if you want to see how sharp it is etc.

QUOTE]

Usefull post. Got to be very happy with these results.

Back