Sigma 1401tc problem

Name
Iain
Edit My Images
No
I have a sigma 150-600mm C lens and a sigma 1401TC. It will focus on my D750 but not on my D4. The firmware on lens and cameras are up to date.

Has anyone had this problem.

Thanks.

Never used them on a D4 but I suspect that the D4 needs below f8 to make use of the centre AF points ... on the long end the Sigma will be f6.3 and I think that means with the TC it will be at over f8

Never used them on a D4 but I suspect that the D4 needs below f8 to make use of the centre AF points ... on the long end the Sigma will be f6.3 and I think that means with the TC it will be at over f8
I thought that at first but the specs for the D4 say if focuses at F8.

I thought that at first but the specs for the D4 say if focuses at F8.
When you fit the Sigma + TC does the D4 register f8?
Theoretically it is f8.82 (or f9 as the camera would register).

It shows f9 but so does my D750 and it works

It shows f9 but so does my D750 and it works

The point is that it shouldn't ... the newer D750 (and other newer Nikons) has better tolerance in terms of centre AF points designed to work with f8, so there is a greater chance of it working (albeit probably slower) with f8+

Oh well its works with the D750 I can live with that and use it when needed. It would have been nice it it had worked with both but we can't have everything.

When I had the sigmas I found the best .t.c was the kenko HD .. on the canons the sigma only allowed single point the kenko all points

Order one from amazon or Wex if i doesn’t work send it back .nothing lost

Just a update. I phoned Sigma UK they asked if the frimware on lens and camera was up to date, it is. They then contacted the tec department in Japan who have said that the D4 should work with the lens and converter. End result is they have told me if I want to send in the lens, camera and TC they will see if it can be sorted.

Just a update. I phoned Sigma UK they asked if the frimware on lens and camera was up to date, it is. They then contacted the tec department in Japan who have said that the D4 should work with the lens and converter. End result is they have told me if I want to send in the lens, camera and TC they will see if it can be sorted.
D4 visits Japan?

If I send it. I don't fancy being without camera and lens for goodness knows how long.

If I send it. I don't fancy being without camera and lens for goodness knows how long.

From memory, experiences were that Sigma were one of the better ones for turnaround but with CV-19 anything might be the case now.

I had a 150-600mm go to Japan as it wouldn't focus properly at the long end, took 3 months.
I had the same with 2 year 11 months old sport model , took exactly 4 weeks came back with same serial number but I think it was brand new .cant really fault them

Back