Sigma 150-500mm and Nikon D7200

Name
ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I bought a second hand 150-500 mm sigma lens to use with my Nikon d7200, was all fine but all of a sudden weird stuff is happening. The autofocus doesn't want to work, if I take it off and back on again sometimes it comes back to life but it might take several times before it works. I've looked at the mount and can't see anything that screams wrong or broken and basically I'm scratching my head and getting frustrated. Anybody have any ideas on what to do or shall I contact sigma and see if they can suggest anything.

I've posted this on other sites as well.

Could be the contacts on the lens and body need cleaning.
Could also be the lens has been dropped or knocked :(
I had that lens for a very short time, after it's 3rd visit to sigma in as many months I gave up on it

Could be the contacts on the lens and body need cleaning.
Could also be the lens has been dropped or knocked :(
I had that lens for a very short time, after it's 3rd visit to sigma in as many months I gave up on it

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to try cleaning the contacts and go from there

I bought it privately and tried it before I parted with the cash. This has only just started happening.

I've cleaned the contacts and it appears a bit better but I have noticed that there is some play between the body and lens which is not evident on my other lenses. As long as it's turned a certain way it works. Is there anything that could improve this or am I safe to continue using it?

I've cleaned the contacts and it appears a bit better but I have noticed that there is some play between the body and lens which is not evident on my other lenses. As long as it's turned a certain way it works. Is there anything that could improve this or am I safe to continue using it?
It's not unusual to have slight play. I notice it with a couple of my lens. My friend noticed the same with his 5d mkiv and 100-400 lens.

Back