Sigma 150-600 Sport. Zoom stuck between 500 and 600mm. Help please!

Name
Ed
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All. I have a Sigma 150-600mm sport lens that has been well treated and not yet used in any difficult conditions. It's been sat in it's case in a cupboard for the last 6 months. When put away, it was working fine. Bringing it out today for testing I've noticed that the zoom is stuck between 500 and 600mm (534 to be exact according to my camera). Otherwise the zoom mechanism is fine (travels smoothly between 150 and 534mm). I don't want to apply any excessive force to it, but would welcome any tips on how to fix it without needing to send it for service. I don't understand what could have caused the issue given previous use and that it was fine when put away a few months back. Help welcome!!! Thankyou, Ed

Eliminating the obvious ...

The Contemporary version also has a zoom lock which works at any fical length but which can be overridden by turning the zoom ring - the lock only stops the zoom moving accidently.

Thank you but the problem is not related to the Zoom lock. The lock works find at any focal length up to 500mm. When the lock is disengaged, the zoom mechanism fails to travel past the 543mm point.

Have you updated the firmware using a Sigma dock ?

Thank you and yes, the firmware is up to date. It seems to be a mechanical problem that prevents the lens from being zoomed beyond 534mm.

Time for you to contact Sigma UK , They are fast to reply

Hey friends, I just fixed my lens which was stuck at 200mm as mentioned above.
I just applied a little pressure while zooming and after 2-3 times of zooming in and out, it became smooth and is working fine now.
Thank goodness

Back