Sigma 150-600C IS problems?

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone else experience problems with the image stabilisation on there 150-600C even in custom moves? Like it will work for a bit once you turn the camera on.. then when you go to take a shot something it’s trying to work but doesn’t.. Turn the camera off and on and it works again..

I’m using a 7Dmkii btw

Strange!

thanks for any help!
Nick

Last edited:
I’ve never had any problems like that with mine. Sounds like you might have a fault.

I had two Sigma 150-600 C's and both failed as far as Focus and IS was concerned. When the second one was returned from Sigma repaired i traded it in for the Sports model..... This too failed in Auto focus, within two months...... Needless to say i will never buy another Sigma lens.

I had issues with AF but not IS. Sigma repaired it and it is now fine. I suggest you call Sigma repairs and explain the issue, they are very good. Mine is also used on a 7Dii, a good match.

I assume you have the latest firmware for the camera and the lens.

Mine works fine on my 7D and son's 80D but on my 5Div the image wanders all over the place. Like OP says, seems to be ok when first powered up but loses it's way, so to speak, over time. Possibly irrelevant but Reikan Focal will auto-adjust 7D and 80D bodies but needs user assistance for 5Div. Something in the 5D o/s that Sigma, like Focal, can't talk to?

Back