Sigma 15mm 2.8

Not for me on crop format - it's only a real fish-eye on full frame. On crop format it will be just a super-wide with a lot of barrel distortion, though you really need to try it to see what you think.

I think a circular fish-eye would be better on a crop camera.

must admit, I dont really use it much. I have been considering trying to swap it for a 10-20 or similar.

LOL I didn't realise you'd got one! Why are you asking then?! What's it like? What's wrong with it?

I would have a thought a 10-20 would be much more useful, but when you want a fish-eye, nothing else is quite like it.

I have hardly used it honestly, thats why I asked. And reading a landscape lens thread, got my interest in the 10-20 (or similar) going again. Trying to figure out if its worth keeping this....

I have hardly used it honestly, thats why I asked. And reading a landscape lens thread, got my interest in the 10-20 (or similar) going again. Trying to figure out if its worth keeping this....

As I said, not much use on crop format but for anyone with a full frame camera, a completely different proposition. I used to have one, a 15mm f/2.8 Zeiss T-Star, and took some great pictures with it.

But that was a long time ago and I've never replaced it. Just not the sort of lens I seem to use much now. But like I say, if you want a fish-eye, it's quite unique. I don't think you'd have any trouble selling in the For Sale forum :)

Its up there now, just trying to figure out a decent price. I originally looked at warehouse express, but they were quite expensive VS another shop.

I think you might be right ;)

Back