- Messages
- 3,054
- Name
- Dave
- Edit My Images
- No
My photography needs have changed a bit over the last few years to the extent that convenience matters more than ultimate image quality. I have 'downsized' to a Sony A6700 which I find to be excellent in terms of speed and image quality whilst being a very manageable size. With this I have a Sony 18-135 lens and a Sony 70-350 lens.
I have the option to buy a very good condition Sigma 16-300 which would make for a very useful all in one option.
I have seen several favourable reviews of the Sigma but would be interested in the views of anyone on here who has used one. I appreciate that the Sony 70-350 would probably offer better ultimate image quality but would be prepared to compromise a little if the difference isn't huge. I expect the Sigma would pretty much match the 18-135 lens with which I am happy.
I have the option to buy a very good condition Sigma 16-300 which would make for a very useful all in one option.
I have seen several favourable reviews of the Sigma but would be interested in the views of anyone on here who has used one. I appreciate that the Sony 70-350 would probably offer better ultimate image quality but would be prepared to compromise a little if the difference isn't huge. I expect the Sigma would pretty much match the 18-135 lens with which I am happy.