Sigma 17-70

Name
Eric...oddly enough
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm thinking that this will be my next lens purchase to team up with my 70-200 2.8. Am I looking in the right direction to replace my kit lens:shrug: Is the Sigma a good enough lens for the price...or should I be looking elsewhere:help:

What I'm looking to end up with is 2.8 up to 200mm + my 135-400 for motorsport ect.

by all accounts this is a great lens for the price, but it does'ent have a constant 2.8 throughout the range, for this reason i went for the sigma 24-70mm 2.8 macro which does, hope this help's (y)

Thanks for that(y) I must admit I've toyed with the idea of that lens too....but I wasn't sure if I'd miss the extra width the 17-70 would give me:thinking:

wasn't sure if I'd miss the extra width the 17-70 would give me

you'll get that when you get the sigma 10-20. You sigma junkie you. :LOL:

Off topic a little......

CBA to shoot any stuff at combe tomorrow but do you want me to bring any kit for you?

Off topic a little......

CBA to shoot any stuff at combe tomorrow but do you want me to bring any kit for you?

Cheers for the thought mate(y) But if I make it along I'll stick with my gear.........I'll only start selling body parts if I get to use your L's:LOL:

it isn't constant f2.8 though. For the money it's a great little lens though.

Stunning lens. I'm selling my gear, otherwise I'd be keeping it.

I am totally serious when I say that i can see no visible difference in image quality compared to my old 24-70 f2.8L. I am very impressed.

Cheers,
Jame

I spotted yours for sale on here(y) If I hadn't just splashed out on my 70-200 EX I would have had it off you like a shot;)

Back