Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 HSM

Why are you wanting a DG model on FX out of curiosity?

DG is nothing to do with full frame (or crop) - DG is marketing "magic coating" snake oil.

You are thinking of DC which is for crop cameras.

I see this now released in America, I can't find any reviews, does anyone know of any? Im interested to know how it stands up against the Nikon equivilant.

Can't tell you for the newer HSM model, but older screw driven one is excellent. I have compared it with Nikon and whilst AF is definitely faster, sharpness-wise Sigma is razor sharp (well at least mine). Taken a portrait photo(s) at around 50mm at F/2.8 in studio conditions with this lens and had to postprocess it later to hide tiny facial hairs that this lens revealed with damn good clarity (so to me very sharp). And they are dead cheap comparing to Nikon one. Of course given the money is no object, I would have gone to Nikkor - like its build better.

Can't tell you for the newer HSM model, but older screw driven one is excellent. I have compared it with Nikon and whilst AF is definitely faster, sharpness-wise Sigma is razor sharp (well at least mine). Taken a portrait photo(s) at around 50mm at F/2.8 in studio conditions with this lens and had to postprocess it later to hide tiny facial hairs that this lens revealed with damn good clarity (so to me very sharp). And they are dead cheap comparing to Nikon one. Of course given the money is no object, I would have gone to Nikkor - like its build better.

I know about the other one and to be honest I don't want to even think about this lens as this should be very different. I hope its good :)

Back