Sigma 28-70 f3.5-4.5 pre 1990

R

Rob.Richards

Just wondering if anybody has ever used or actually has this lens? I have picked one up for £20 and I am waiting for it to arrive! Just wondering how to maximise its potential! It is to go on EOS 350D...

Any help much appreciated!

Rob

Rob,

You may be in for a little disappointment here. Unless the lens has been re-chipped then it's very likely that it will throw up an error on your 350D as the body-lens communication protocol will be wrong. Of course, you may well be lucky and the re-chipping was done by a previous owner.

Bob

Cheers Bob. This was the description so, I figure I have some comeback if it doesnt work...

SIGMA Interchangeable lens 28-70mm f/3.5-4.5 AF Canon Item number: 250526371495

Description
THIS LENS LOOKS BRAND NEW AND IS REALLY - it's only been out of the box a few times to check that it still works etc.

SIGMA Interchangeable AF Zoom lens

28-70mm F/3.5-45. For Canon cameras either SLR or Digital. Will fit EOS.

Nearly new - not used at all only to try on to camera - was brought as a present and I already had the lens.

A very good buy.

Boxed with instructions.

Please feel free to contact me.

Many thanks for looking.

PS your signature is soooo right!

Rob

I contacted Sigma and the seller. They have now very kindly issued a refund! Saved my bacon! This website is the best!!!!!

Just in the nick time Rob. I doubt that the seller was attempting to mis-represent the lens, just simply not knowing that changes to the protocol have occurred in the interim....many have been similarly caught out.

Bob

Back