Sigma 300mm ex do 2.8

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
No
anyone had much experience with this lens? If so, how manageable is it to shoot without a monopod or tripod as it doesn't have vc?
I currently have the tamron 150-500 but have been enjoying working with primes recently.
Thanks

Some of my favourite images were taken with one of these. I didn't keep mine for too long, choosing to buy a Sigma 120-300 F2.8. But, do you know what, the shots I took with the older and supposedly worse 300 were every bit as good, or better than with the new lens. The only thing is the hit rate was a bit lower, with the lack of IS

Oh and all my images were shot hand held.

Longleat fire jugglers by Gary Kinghorn, on Flickr

More Longleat fire jugglers by Gary Kinghorn, on Flickr

Last of the sunflowers by Gary Kinghorn, on Flickr

You looking at me? by Gary Kinghorn, on Flickr

A few more here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/clicku/albums/72157646492434632

Last edited:
Some of my favourite images were taken with one of these. I didn't keep mine for too long, choosing to buy a Sigma 120-300 F2.8. But, do you know what, the shots I took with the older and supposedly worse 300 were every bit as good, or better than with the new lens. The only thing is the hit rate was a bit lower, with the lack of IS

Oh and all my images were shot hand held.

Longleat fire jugglers by Gary Kinghorn, on Flickr

More Longleat fire jugglers by Gary Kinghorn, on Flickr

Last of the sunflowers by Gary Kinghorn, on Flickr

You looking at me? by Gary Kinghorn, on Flickr

A few more here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/clicku/albums/72157646492434632

Very nice. I took a similar shot years ago at Colchester zoo

I am indeed. Had some good results with it (well I think I have). Just need to get out more now and put it to use.

Bought one on Saturday. It's a beast of a lens. Black rapid makes it pretty comfortable though.
It produces some lovely sharp images with beautiful bokeh.
Threw on a 1.4 tele converter too. Not quite the flexibility of my tamron 150-600, but it's a fine piece of glass.

Threw on a 1.4 tele converter too. Not quite the flexibility of my tamron 150-600, but it's a fine piece of glass.

What make of converter did you get Jonathan? Been wondering myself whether it's would be worth adding one.

What make of converter did you get Jonathan? Been wondering myself whether it's would be worth adding one.

The sigma ex apo. Its rated quite highly. Also works with my sigma 105 macro too. I haven't noticed and drop in quality.

Back