Sigma 300mm f2.8 and Tele converters

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

I recently purchased a Sigma 300mm f2.8 lens

I then purchased a 1.4 Sigma tele converter, It work well on auto focus on my 105mm f2.8 macro lens - but not on the 300mm f2.8- I looked on the Sigma site , it did at first seem like they are compatible
until I checked the serial number as some lenses with different serial numbers offer only Manual focus, mine is in that range :(

My question is- does anyone know of any other TC brands that will work with this lens- my Camera is the Sony a77 Mk2 and therefore: the mount required would be Sony A Mount

Thanks

Les

Up-date- Sigma told me I need a direct drive type Tele converter to make this lens work as it's none HSM

Discontinued in Sony mount some 4 years back :(

I have used the 1.4 and 2x digital zoom within the camera body with little or no loss in IQ, so maybe I'll stick with that :)

Les

which version of the sigma 300 do you have is it the ex or ex dg ? I have the sigma 500mm ex and simply bought I ex version of the teleconveter, it works well but doesn't report f numbers correctly etc.

the EX version :) Where may I ask did you get the EX Tele-converter from?

Le

hi you can pick them up on ebay! I had to wait a while for the 1.4 but did get one. hows the sigma 300mm? I am lucky to have the sony 300mm 2.8 now and that is a game changer on the a77 mk2

hi you can pick them up on ebay! I had to wait a while for the 1.4 but did get one. hows the sigma 300mm? I am lucky to have the sony 300mm 2.8 now and that is a game changer on the a77 mk2

I'll keep an eye out- but for now I'm using the 1.4 and 2x digital zoom in Camera ( Sony a77 Mk2)

I'm loving the Sigma 300mm f2.8 so sharp it's unreal :)

How do you identify a direct drive 1.4 TC????

Les

hi there is actually a small flat blade inside the converter the same as can be seen inside your 300mm lens,and that lines up with screw drive in the body .There are 2 2x sigma ex versions on ebay at the mo, if you stay with the sony a77 mk2 consider the Minolta 300.28, I have one and its awesome also the 400mm 4.5 I can tell you that is some of the best glass you will ever put on a sony body gary

hi there is actually a small flat blade inside the converter the same as can be seen inside your 300mm lens,and that lines up with screw drive in the body .There are 2 2x sigma ex versions on ebay at the mo, if you stay with the sony a77 mk2 consider the Minolta 300.28, I have one and its awesome also the 400mm 4.5 I can tell you that is some of the best glass you will ever put on a sony body gary

Cheers Gary- I'll stick with the Sigma 300mm f2.8 for now- having just bought it lol

It does take some nice images - I'm planning a trip to the local zoo on Saturday to give it a run out

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a 1.4 direct drive TC ( Sony fit) if you see one I'd appreciate a heads up mate

Les

Back