SIGMA 30mm 1.4 for Canon

Name
Justin
Edit My Images
Yes
Have found on my 600D the 50mm 1.4 a to confined and want to go wider, has any one had issues with the Sigma 30mm 1.4 as this seems to be the width on a crop I want.

I know the Canon have the 35mm F2 but heard this is quite a old design and is a bit soft.

The new Sigma 35mm F1.4 is supposed to be awesome :) Not a lot of stock around though since it's still new and it's not particularly cheap either!

If you can afford it, stretch to the Sigma 35mm 1.4. Most (all) of the reviews I've read on it can't really seem to fault it. Its competing with(if not beating) the Canon version and that's double the price.

Hmmm wonder if the 50 and 85 will be next in the art series, may hold off the 85 to get the new finish.

Think it will be out of my price range for a bit but it might lower the price of the Sigma 30mm 1.4 a bit and make it affordable for me.

Think it will be out of my price range for a bit but it might lower the price of the Sigma 30mm 1.4 a bit and make it affordable for me.

+the 35mm is a FF lens and AFAIK much bigger than the 30mm. I think the 30mm is bigger than some lenses of it's type but is still compact and light enough on a camera.

I'm a big fan of the Sigma 30mm, I really enjoyed mine. Great focal length on APS-C, well built, very nice colour and contrast.

And I just went full frame so I'm selling mine in the classifieds here...

Wait until you get the new model as the build quality is better. The optics I think are largely the same but then those were always pretty good.

I'd ignore the 35 1.4, it's an absolutely incredible lens but you won't see much of an improvement on a crop camera.

If you get a good un, the Sigma 30mm F1.4 has always been superb.

AF can be unreliable though, and it might be fine on one body and not on another. So make sure you test it before parting with cash.

Back