Sigma 50-150mm f2.8

Edit My Images
Yes
I was thinkning of buying one of these to give me a bit more reach and to complement my Sigma 18-50mm f2.8.

I was originally thinking of getting a Canon 70-200 L f4 but I think the Sigma might be a bit more value for money, plus with the addition of a 1.4x teleconverter will give me a 70-210mm f4.

Also any thoughts on One Stop Digital as they have the Sigma for £378.99 which is £70 cheaper than Warehouse Express.

Any thoughts?

Chris

I know nothing about the lens itself but just a thought, isn't onestopdigital an import company? in which case do you still get an international warranty.

I maybe completely wrong but I am sure someone on here can corrcet me if thats the case.

I know nothing about the lens itself but just a thought, isn't onestopdigital an import company? in which case do you still get an international warranty.

I maybe completely wrong but I am sure someone on here can corrcet me if thats the case.

Sigma lens from HK come with an international 1 year warranty AFAIK, instead of the Sigma UK 3 year warranty.

You may want to consider the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 EX. You can pick them up new for about £450 on ebay.

Just ordered a Sigma from OneStop with no problems at all - arrived in two days flat via Fedex and they'll even reimburse you for the import duty/VAT if it's levied. Colleague in the office has ordered loads of stuff off them without any problems.

Sigma UK will not honour the warranty on imported lenses without a receipt showing VAT has been paid.

Onestop Digital has a 6 month return to HK warranty though. But even if you had to send it back to them the amount you will pay on postage would be less then amount you saved, so you would still be better off overall.

Warranty issues aside, if you do a search on here (or any other photography forum) you will find a lot of recommendations for Onestop Digital. Including from me.

Michael.

Back