Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art in the Lake District.

First one's lovely Philip.
I might be tempted to lose some off the bottom.

Very very nice indeed no1 shaves for me

Not a bad start at all. Bonny colours and lovely composition though perhaps a little too much water on the lower part of the first. The second photo looks slightly telephoto. Did you use the Sigma on a crop body?

1 has some amazing sky. It is a shame it doesn't quite have foreground to match.

2 is nothing special. Diffuse midday light, and very grey / brown scenery.., Golden hour would look at lot better

P.S. It makes no difference whether you shot these with specific 50mm prime or standard zoom, certainly at landscape apertures. Try it out shooting portraits, wide-open (ish).

1 has some amazing sky. It is a shame it doesn't quite have foreground to match.

2 is nothing special. Diffuse midday light, and very grey / brown scenery.., Golden hour would look at lot better

P.S. It makes no difference whether you shot these with specific 50mm prime or standard zoom, certainly at landscape apertures. Try it out shooting portraits, wide-open (ish).

Thanks for the comments...they are much appreciated.

The foreground in No1 was very messy, and we were pushed for time...couldn't resist the light.

No2 was the first time I had used the Sigma, and the shot was at a resting point on a hike, to test the lens. Admittedly, Golden Hour would have been nice, but I had to be elsewhere. I just saw a nice composition and took it.

Back