Sigma 50mm f1.4

Mine isn't, I only ever use the centre point and then re-compose.

Sadly for your smartypants act, that isn't the cause. Did you really think I'd never tried a single photograph without recomposing? Or that I hadn't thought to check if the focus was accurate before moving it?

It makes exactly the same mistakes clamped to a tripod.

Not sure how it appeared being a smartypants? more an observationalpants or an analyticalpants if anything.
You said that you only ever use focus recompose, there was no mention of tripod - As a result I'll stay firm to my statement that it's not going to yield consistent results if that it was you or anyone else only ever uses, this applies to everyone using that method on a fast prime, I'm not suggesting you are the problem.

:geek:

Last edited:
Not sure how it appeared being a smartypants? more an observationalpants or an analyticalpants if anything.
You said that you only ever use focus recompose, there was no mention of tripod - As a result I'll stay firm to my statement that it's not going to yield consistent results if that it was you or anyone else only ever uses, this applies to everyone using that method on a fast prime, I'm not suggesting you are the problem.

:geek:

I think you are being a bit pedantic - I think the post reads that he only ever uses centre point. Not that he only ever uses centre point and recompose, i'm sure there are times he uses centre point and doesn't recompose.

joe, I only read that statement and not the whole thread - can't go back through his entire posts on Talk and work out what he actually does and doesn't do with his cameras. He might be a pro or a noob or something in between - we have all differing abilities on here. He posted that, and pointed out that if he did that then he's likely to have problems. Then I'm accused of trying to be a smart arse, and then you jump on the bandwagon too :LOL:

joe, I only read that statement and not the whole thread - can't go back through his entire posts on Talk and work out what he actually does and doesn't do with his cameras. He might be a pro or a noob or something in between - we have all differing abilities on here. He posted that, and pointed out that if he did that then he's likely to have problems. Then I'm accused of trying to be a smart arse, and then you jump on the bandwagon too :LOL:

Well his original reply was pretty defensive too so I think the two of you should sit down and have a shandy :cool:

Well his original reply was pretty defensive too so I think the two of you should sit down and have a shandy :cool:

:D

funny you should mention that as I nearly in my last post that we should all just have a nice smoke of some crack - which is similarish to shandy I suppose

:exit:

That's not going help anyone focus now is it? :)

Back