sigma 50mm f2.8 ex dg macro

I have one for my Pentax K10D but to be honest I use my 100mm f2.8 macro lens 99.9% of the time.
50mm is just too short for bugs but is fine for flowers and other stuff that doesn't move around.
Saying that so is 90/100mm plus gives a bit of space between you and bugs so less chance of them doing a runner.

So unless the reasonable price is something you can buy to try and if not happy with then sell on without making a loss (Under £100) I would wait for something longer.

I have one for my Pentax K10D but to be honest I use my 100mm f2.8 macro lens 99.9% of the time.
50mm is just too short for bugs but is fine for flowers and other stuff that doesn't move around.
Saying that so is 90/100mm plus gives a bit of space between you and bugs so less chance of them doing a runner.

So unless the reasonable price is something you can buy to try and if not happy with then sell on without making a loss (Under £100) I would wait for something longer.

thank you mate is it a good lens though an it not much over £100 so would prob make my money back :)

I have the 50 and it's a good lens, I use it not only for macro which is is very good for but also as a portrait lens, on the cropped sensor it comes out at 80mm so is Ideal for that too. I did buy mine new for £149 a year ago and have been very please with it.

Back