SIGMA 70-300mm DG Lens

Edit My Images
No
As I have mentioned in the past I am looking for another lens..........I have found one of these cheap and it says it will fit a Nikon D40, But I just wanted to see if anyone on here uses one and what do you think of it??

Thanks in advance(y)

Hello, i have this lens for my 30d. So i can only tell you what it is like with that, rather than a Nikon. I've had some fun with it, the focal length is pretty generous as you would expect. I used it a few time at football matches and found it coped fairly well for this sort of price range. The macro function is good but you have to turn it on and off with a switch, and it only works between 200 and 300mm. I don't really know what else to say about it! it comes with a lens hood which is handy and the focussing tracks fairly well, though it is a little bit slow. Basically for the price it will be a good lens but don't expect too much from something at this sort of price range. I am happy i bought it as for a year it served me well and have me plenty of opportunity to experiement at longer focal lengths, but now i feel i need to upgrade to something like a 24-105 L and then a longer zoom from about 100-300 L . I wish i could afford it though!

Hope this helps a little, any specific questions please ask. Take a look online too i saw a few reviews before i bought it.

not a nikon man, but a free bump. i think you will have to manually focus with a sigma on a d40. dont know whether you knew that or if it is even right

Back