Sigma 70-300mm lens

Name
lisa
Edit My Images
No
Just got this lens, it says it has the ability for macro. When looking on the internet they all seem to say you simply switch it to macro manually for this particular lens, but there is no switch.

Any help? :thinking: New to all this

sigmalens.jpg

This is the older version of this lens which has the macro switch. There is also an APO version of this lens with a red ring around the end that also has a switch and better glass.

BTW, note the new price of the linked lens compared to the price on the tag. :eek:

All I'm going to say is "OUCH!". I payed less than that for the new APO version the other day.

Yup, the image in the OP is a very old version of this lens, I don't know if it has Macro or not, bit odd.

Don't worry I didn't pay anywhere near the price on the tag ;)

The only problem is I was sold this with the intentions that it has macro :thinking:

Thanks for the replies (y)

How much did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking?

You can, providing you want to that is buy a set of extention tubes which will allow it to do close up shots however you lose your infinity focusing then.

I paid £70 for it. Is that too much? Think I'm going to get in touch with who sold me it to see what they say.

Thanks

its because jessops are not stocking sigma any more, so they are selling it all off cheap, u better get in there quick as not many places have any sigma left in stock now

are they the same lens?
i know there is an APO version of the lens which is £199 and the normal version is £149

I have the newer one. It has macro, you flick a swith on the side. Marco only works between 200 and 300mm

Ill be honest, paying £80 for the lens you had was a bit too much i think, there are bargains to be had.

Back