Sigma 80-400OS Vs Canon 70-300IS

Edit My Images
No
As title after a general use zoom lens, got it down to these 2.

I used to have the Canon 70-300 USM III (Non IS) and it was fine for me, apart from a smidge soft, its focus speed was good enough though, maybe abit slow.

What im asking is; is the sigma 80-400OS as fast or faster at focusing as the above lens, or is the 70-300IS a better focusing lens.

Obviously the 100-400L is best but abit much for me.

Most of the time ill be photoing wild life, occasionally portraiture, mostly stuff outside in the mountains though.

Ideally id like the reach of the 400 sigma, so is number 1 on list, as long as its fast as the £350 canon IS lens?

i'm new here but having faced the same dilemma recently, Id narrowed it down from Bigma 50 - 500 which had amazing reviews, but plumped for 400mm L USM prime, got off Kerso so real good price, same as you, wildlife, action and horse jumping, well chuffed, nice lens and plenty of light getting through even tho stops at 5.6, would defo advise to try, and meanwhile my friend who doesnt like fixed has got the Bigma, and she is real pleased. Anyhow, thats just my advice, no doubt more experienced will shoot me down on that and I can only speak on my experience??

Cheers matey, and thanks for your feedback :) defo after a zoom for more general use as opposed to fixed prime lens. And defo with IS or OS (Image stabaliser or Optical stabiliser) as my 70-300 standard lens with out IS wasnt good, then after having ago of my mates lens is IS, it makes the world of difference! lol, thanks again

the sigams has its own variation of is, if you look at forums you should see some really good feedback etc, happy hunting, good luck

Back