Sigma APO teleconverter 2X

Name
Simon Willcox
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi I'm new to photography and have just brought some equipment to get me started and am looking for some guidance please?

I've just been given this Sigma converter. While I can put the converter on my Nikon d810(F Mount) and I don't seem to be able to connect either of my lenses to it and don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Could anyone help please

It may be that the lens element in the TC protrudes a little and there is insufficient room in the back of your lens(es) to accommodate this?

Be very careful to avoid damaging the rear element of your lenses.

PS Welcome to the forum and the world of photography

Last edited:
It may be that the lens element in the TC protrudes a little and there is insufficient room in the back of your lens(es) to accommodate this?

Be very careful to avoid damaging the rear element of your lenses.

PS Welcome to the forum and the world of photography
@willc01

IMO @GeeJay57 is onto the right track, especially with his warning about potential damage can be done, here is a Nikon lens teleconverter compatibility doc

Looking at your two lenses and without checking further I would have doubts that they compatible?

Last edited:
what lenses do you have? As others have said the design of the teleconverter is such that the front element will come into contact with the rear element of many lenses and when I owned Sigma EX lenses I recall that the 1.4x had good all-round compatibility and the 2.0x was very limited. Furthermore I do not think the D810 is very limited to AF performance when it comes to lenses that only open up to f8 when fitted with a TC, you might get centre spot and that's it...D850, D500 and D780 are much better in this respect.

And if I recall correctly I was advised not to fit Nikkor lenses onto Sigma TCs and Sigma lenses onto Nikkor TCs... Now that I have no 3rd party glass I don't have that issue.

If your lenses are f5.6 or 6.3 then you would not get the best out of the TC even if they did fit.

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments much appreciated.

I don’t know why, but thought it would fit all lenses and was trying to fit it to my Nikon lens, which printed this post!!

Don’t know why I didn’t try it on the Sigma lens and it went straight on.

I put it down to beginners learning!!!

Back