Sigma DP Merrils Price Drop

Yeah I had one on mine when I had one.I have never really bothered with uv filters in the past tbh
You can also use a 58mm lens cap on that first hood so no need to take it off if preferred.

Last edited:
Bargain at 3.79 delivered,may order one of those myself although will take the fuji one in the classifieds first as have said I will have it if its deffo 49mm fit

Sod it ordered one of those also..under £4 it can sit in the bag as a spare

I ordered the sigma hood with the dp3 and glad I did,overpriced but very nice hood.

In fact how deep is the proper dp3 hood as this is my Nikons 55-200vr hood

IMG_20140308_143151892_zps7ihvlugv.jpg

anyone found a decent cheap battery? I got a expro one off amazon, had to hack it about as it wouldn't fit, so that's no good :-(

Just buy another merrill,2 more batteries and a spare charger lol

lol look forward to seeing what you think of it,do you think he would open another?lol

well my mission to find batteries got side tracked. ordered a bunch from 7dayshop, but 5x sony and 4 AA's :/

well my mission to find batteries got side tracked. ordered a bunch from 7dayshop, but 5x sony and 4 AA's :/

battery shopping at 4am in the morning..!!?!?!?! :)

been reading up on the Quattro, so they have dumbed down the MPs on the green and red layer and from the little ISO noise test I did with the Merrill I can see where that could be an improvement on higher ISO colour shots, I doubt it makes very little difference B&W as like we have a quick tweak in SPP and its all good..

I would imagine B&W wise then the Quattro images would be very similar to moving the layers of a Merrill image in SPP R20% G20% B60% ??

yeah wonky bodyclock...
I could get 2x wasabi power and a charger for 26 quid, but not sure there the right ones... Cutouts are small

or 4 generic ones for about 15 inc delivery from china

took the DP1 with me whilst in town getting the lad some shoes.. I shall just post Flickr set link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/strumstrum/sets/72157642096519903/

highlight for me is 0046 as I was just walking past I whilst walking I held camera up and pressed the button.. if you look in the reflection of the shop glass you will see my lad, my daughter and me walking holding camera about waist height :)

also 0050 as the detail and texture is superb all over when you look at full res, and when you eye as taken you out of the exit and into the other section of the Silver Arcade 0053 is that other section, talk about night and day.

i ordered a cheapo battery, what you think a good capacity test would be? was thinking of locking in manual settings and using the interval feature to see how many shots it takes vs a sigma battery

Take it out and just shoot as you would normally then do the same with the sigma.

There's a very nice quality to some of your B&Ws Stuart - how are you processing them?

There's a very nice quality to some of your B&Ws Stuart - how are you processing them?
Thanks Simon..convert to monochrome in sigma pro and adjust exposure etc then into lightroom for minimal tweaking

Thanks Mandy,much appreciated although I still feel I am learning how to get the best from it.I think patience is the key and to just do everything at half the speed you would with a dslr.Its a fantastic camera though.

okay one more... I am loving this DP1 and this was going to be my least fave but I think because its not my usual way of taking pics(for a long time on Pentax my widest option was 50mm because I just didnt go wider) that I am in the 'it's different' part of the relationship.

13058315284_0fa90e8df3_c.jpg

Had an e-mail today from Clifton Camera's, No more DP3's until mid April, apparently they have DP1's and 2's, so cancelled my order with them and got a refund and ordered with Park Camera's who do have it in stock and it will be with me tomorrow :)

Excellentio... No shock RE Clifton

In fairness to them it would appear that Sigma sent them a delivery that should have had DP3M's but only contained 1's and 2's, I just didn't want to wait................

Back