Sigma DP Merrils Price Drop

Cheers Steve..looked at a jjc one but when I watched a video of it it was huge,better suited to a dslr than the merrills.

at those prices I am going to get one to try but I really don't think hand straps are for me but I might try one on the DP1 or 2; the 3 I am think of being a portrait camera with the 1 & 2 being out and about landscape/street... I was wondering earlier what these will be like for starry night photos with the poor ISO compared to reviews..?

12653642495_1bf202f31e_b.jpg

Sigma DP1/2/3 Merrill are £299 today at the Birmingham show from Camera World stall.

Nice shot David and yeah be great if they dropped to 299! Been out with the twins today as sun was out for a while.Very impressed with them both,got over 60 shots from each camera on one battery and still life left in each albeit one bar.I did think that overall the dp3m was a little quicker all round but not much in it.Just editing a few pics to post up.

Heres a few from the dp2m..tbh I was expecting to prefer one or the other but they go hand in hand with each other and both have unbelievable clarity.Really pleased with them.

untitled-0076
by StuartHowePhotography, on Flickr

untitled-

untitled-0068

untitled-0107

untitled-0112

untitled-0062

untitled-0095

Excellent great place I go there every few weeks or so,was quite flooded last time I was there.

Was very muddy but not too bad,loads of people though..Give us a shout if you venture up there in future.

Last edited:
Ok yes of course I will,glad you managed to get out with your sigmas. Keep posting the images they are great to look at

Cheers Adrian,may venture up the reservoirs tomorrow after work.

Yes I also go there quite a bit as well,I love my wildlife. Rickmansworth Aquadrome I also like .

Yes I love it there a lot to see if you like wildlife,a decent good walk but also a few decent pictures to be had especially on early start sunrise. There are a number of routes round something for everyone

brrr too cold and windy for me...

before I invested in the Merrills I was reading up a lot and read about ISO affecting blue the least so you can reduce noise in B&W quite easily which I though was very interesting and something I have never known, so I did an ickle test this morning.

ISO 3200, coloured stars represent where the slider is in SPP if you cannot see the filenames.

Thats what I done with my high iso shots above,just used blue channel..works pretty well.

you can get ones intended for old range finders, pretty variable price. theres a cool russian turrert type for multiple focal lengths :D

brrr too cold and windy for me...

before I invested in the Merrills I was reading up a lot and read about ISO affecting blue the least so you can reduce noise in B&W quite easily which I though was very interesting and something I have never known, so I did an ickle test this morning.

ISO 3200, coloured stars represent where the slider is in SPP if you cannot see the filenames.

That's a really good comparison of the different channels and really shows how much better the blue channel is! Thanks for posting it :)

I'v not decided on one yet but the ability to use an optical viewfinder was actually a bit of the attraction for me, a bit more of a rangefinder experience with a view outside the frame.

I don't really see the lack of shooting info being too much of an issue given the nature of the camera, not really something your going to be switching settings or AF points quickly with.

Back