Sigma EX 105mm f/2.8 DG Macro

Name
nick
Edit My Images
Yes
thinking of buying a second hand Sigma EX 105mm f/2.8 DG Macro for Nikon d3100 but don't know much about them i wont it for macro work
Type: Macro, Telephoto
is OK to buy thanks

thank for reply so whats the diffrance between
Sigma EX 105mm f/2.8 DG Macro 257944
and
Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro
what woud you pay for second hand one

Last edited:
I have the sigma lens and it is a great lens to use, unfortubately have not done much with it lately.

The EX is Sigma's version of canon's 'L' denoting a lens with better build and optical quality.

I am not sure about the first lens you mention though. I am not a Nikon user so may be a specific lens for their cameras.

thank for reply so whats the diffrance between
Sigma EX 105mm f/2.8 DG Macro 257944
and
Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro
what woud you pay for second hand one

It's the same lens.. I sold one for about £250 a while back. Anywhere between £200-£350 is about right for one.

Which fitment are you looking for? I've just bought a Canon 100mm macro, and will shortly be starting a for sale thread, as I have one to sell... If it's a Canon fit you're after, let me know, and I'll get a thread up for you to view it...

Check it will autofocus with the d3100, it isn't HSM, so not sure it will.

For the money - certainly good value... I'd set yourself a target price of below £200 though... It has an interesting 'push-pull' system to flip between auto and manual focus.. But quite a competent lens for sure.. I've owned mine for a few weeks - but there was a bargain Canon lens that came up that I bought, so that's the only reason I'm going to sell... Otherwise I'd be keeping it..

no it wont auto focus but I'll be upgrading by Nikon d3100 hope soon
lost it it went for £280 and it was 6 years old

Last edited:
Not sure why the Nikon one is more expensive than the Canon one? I found a few Nikons sold on ebay recently for under £200.. Don't fight for one, they come up often...

I picked up a cheap sigma 105mm 2.8 ex dg macro lens. Got it for £65 on ebay instead of like £350 because it was 'broken' because the auto-focus doesn't work. Not bad for a true 1:1 macro. Been shooting my eye a lot and experimenting with some post production.

6844_IMG_46262_1.jpg

Back