Sigma lens problem

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi i have a 70-200 sigma that seems to have developed a problem focusing, on some fixed items its fine on others its constantly trying to focus with the focus light flicking continously, i have tried it on 2 cameras and the same problem, any ideas?

Check whether the contacts are clean and whether manual focus feels tight. If MF feels good you may have an AF motor issue. Otherwise it could be a loose element.

My Sigma 120-300 developed a fault where the AF would just jitter/shudder when shooting at distances under around 20'. I don't know if your problem is the same, but mine needed a repair by Sigma to the "MR Sensor".

My repair was covered under the three year UK warranty. No idea of cost as I did not pay. If you Google for "Sigma MR sensor" you should find other examples, but I imagine the cost might vary with the lens model.

I made a video to demonstrate my problem. I'm afraid the video production quality is poor, but you might be able to determine if your fault is the same.

[YOUTUBE]25f2qF9QSJI[/YOUTUBE]

I had a similar issue with my 70-200 2.8 sent it away to sigma and they fixed it for £60 inc return postage All done within a week as well

If you go on the Sigma web sit there is a list of costs for repairs.

Back