Sigma MC-11 Adapter Canon EF - Sony E Mount

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

just after some thoughts from anyone who has used the Sigma MC-11 adapter to allow them to use Canon EF lenses on a Sony E-Mount camera?

I know some adapters don't allow auto-focusing/cause it to be slow etc.

Cheers

I think it depends a lot on the Sony camera body you are using.

I used one on the a9 and have to say I was very happy with how the MC-11 worked with all my Canon (and Sigma) lenses. The only one I had problems with was the MP-e65mm macro. Autofocus was fast and accurate .... however it's not as fast as native (probably around 90% there I would say)

I used my Sigma 150/600 on an A6600, very impressive, not far off the Sony 200/600.

I did try, but didn’t go for it as fast and reliable AF is very important to me, plus I have lots of canon EF lenses, so I waited for the canon R bodies.

I bought a cheap mount (K&F concept) after reading that the sigma only works with certain lenses, and my 100-300 and 150mm macro wouldn’t work. I am pleased to report that every lens I have tried with the cheap converter works. AF is a little slower when compared to the native Sony lenses, however they work well. I did read, and I’m willing to be corrected but none of the adapters will allow video auto focus.

Back