Sigma repair times on lenses.

Edit My Images
No
Hi all,
Contacted Sigma about my 70-200 lens and it seems i need to send it in for a warranty repair. They are saying they will have to fit a new front element to my lens as the inner coating is coming away.

Just wondering if anybody has had any dealings with them and how long did you wait for the return of your kit.

Also is there anything i should ask when they are messing with my lens i.e can they knock the focus out, anything like that.

Also is there anything i should ask when they are messing with my lens i.e can they knock the focus out, anything like that.

Having replaced the front element they would have to bench test the colimation of the objective, and adjust if required, they will do this as a matter of course.

From what I read Sigma service is pretty good.

Hi Elaine,

Just a quick reply regarding your Siggy as I had to return mine for repair ( out of warrenty :-/ ) it's 18-200 and it took four weeks and a £100 to sort it.

It wasnt the front element but I would think if that's all they are going to change then it should not take to long to repair as that is a easy fix.

They will however fully test and calibrate the lens before returning it to you, BUT they will state that the final test is down to your good self to use and test the lens and if your happy with it then all's good.

I must say that I found Sigma very helpfull and professional on the phone dealing with my questions etc etc. But I suppose everyone's experience with them will differ.

Fingers crossed for you :)

Jay.

We have sent a few away for minor repairs/cleaning usually back inside about 10 days, sometimes quicker.

Hi Elaine,

Just a quick reply regarding your Siggy as I had to return mine for repair ( out of warrenty :-/ ) it's 18-200 and it took four weeks and a £100 to sort it.

It wasnt the front element but I would think if that's all they are going to change then it should not take to long to repair as that is a easy fix.

They will however fully test and calibrate the lens before returning it to you, BUT they will state that the final test is down to your good self to use and test the lens and if your happy with it then all's good.

I must say that I found Sigma very helpfull and professional on the phone dealing with my questions etc etc. But I suppose everyone's experience with them will differ.

Fingers crossed for you :)

Jay.

I have to agree they where very nice and helpfull, just hope there service workshop are the same.

Worst case for me was nearly 3 months! They said they were extremely busy and waiting on a part for my 24-70 f2.8 that was knackered...

On the other occasions I've used their services, the lens has been returned within a couple of weeks. In all instances though, they've kept me up to date and been very polite when I've spoken to them.

Worst case for me was nearly 3 months! They said they were extremely busy and waiting on a part for my 24-70 f2.8 that was knackered...

On the other occasions I've used their services, the lens has been returned within a couple of weeks. In all instances though, they've kept me up to date and been very polite when I've spoken to them.

(cough splutter) 3 months:crying: i hope not, i live for my camera gear. I cant go a day without pressing that wee click button.

quick hijack, when you send something off to sigma do they give you a reference to quote when you send it in?

I was told to inc a letter saying what was wrong and the proof of purchase.

I will be sending rec sign for though with royal mail.

quick hijack, when you send something off to sigma do they give you a reference to quote when you send it in?

I have a letter from them, with reference number, the ID of the lens + repair cost.

I didnt post the lens as I wanted to drive it there as its not to far plus the extra few days saved as they had admin week I needed.

Mine was about 10 days if I remember correctly

Ok folks some good and bad times here i will just need to see how i get on then.

Thanks for all the help.

Back