Sigma SD14

H

Hoodi

Looks like Sigma are at it again with the announcement of the Sigma SD14 Digital SLR body.

Looks quite interesting, as do Sigma's older digi SLR's [particularly the Foveon sensors].

But what always gets me is that you're tied down to Sigma's lenses, and that's it - and in their hard to find Sigma mount, to boot.
That said because of their relative "unpopularity" second hand Sigma mount lenses tend to go for very low prices on Ebay...

During 'bored at work' sessions last year I used to read the digital camera newsgroups on usenet. Nothing got as much abuse and derision as people saying they had a Sigma DSLR camera. Can't be *that* bad can it?

a 1:1.25 crop and a 5.7MP Foveon which, some will say, makes it the equivalent of a 17.1 MP sensor. With pop-up flash - which is a shame :(

I have to say I very nearly bought an SD10, couldn't quite afford one so ended up with the 300D. I remember the test shots as being excellent.

Aye, I've been considerably tempted by Sigma's previous bodies...
I think the stigma attached to them is the same as some people are about their lenses - ie, if it aint a Nikkor, or a Canon, or a Zeiss etc. then it aint worth having.

*sighs*

no press release for this one either...

Back