Sigma USB docks (required?)

At least you got there Dan funny enough planning to do my 18-35 with a dock I just got. Did you put the figures you get in Focal straight in to the dock settings e.g +5 in Focal = +5 in the dock settings?

Not gonna lie it was a ball ache.

Earlier in the thread it was mentioned doubling the value but I didn't get that.

You'll see +20 on three of my 0.3m values, those were untestable with focal as the chart is too close to the lens to register the software so there were done by eye.

My first focal had some measurements at +13 etc, I then dialled them into the dock and did the test again, this time is showed -6, meaning ending up with +7. Maybe the light for the second test the day after had changed, not sure. That was the most extreme and not all needed such a large second tweak.

The second time I didn't use ambient as much and used my ice light to light the chart consistently.

Once I did the rest the second time I was extremely happy with the results. Looking forward to testing it for real.

Not gonna lie it was a ball ache.

Earlier in the thread it was mentioned doubling the value but I didn't get that.

You'll see +20 on three of my 0.3m values, those were untestable with focal as the chart is too close to the lens to register the software so there were done by eye.

My first focal had some measurements at +13 etc, I then dialled them into the dock and did the test again, this time is showed -6, meaning ending up with +7. Maybe the light for the second test the day after had changed, not sure. That was the most extreme and not all needed such a large second tweak.

The second time I didn't use ambient as much and used my ice light to light the chart consistently.

Once I did the rest the second time I was extremely happy with the results. Looking forward to testing it for real.

Thanks Dan I didn't think about the close distance being to close I have been trying to think what's the best way to do the infinity tests

Thanks Dan I didn't think about the close distance being to close I have been trying to think what's the best way to do the infinity tests

I just did the 4 distances as per the dock.

0.3m 0.4m 0.5m and 2m

The results were better at the long end so was happy anything beyond 2m will have been taken care of.

Keep your eye on focals measured distance on the focal software. I did a test at 0.4 for say 28mm and then zoomed to 35mm and noticed the distance upped to 0.45 to target which might throw out dock inputs

Last edited:
Back