sigma v tamron

Edit My Images
No
looking at the sigma 50-500mm os also the tamron 150-600mm
which one has the better image quality ?

Prefer sigma but I'm sure I'll be told otherwise! [emoji13]

looking at the sigma 50-500mm os also the tamron 150-600mm
which one has the better image quality ?

Don't know if it helps, but in issue 94 of photo plus they reviewed both lens side by side and the tamron came out on top.

Have you not though about the Sigma 150-600 C for a little more money then the tamron. just by feedback on here most people favoured the Sigma.. Which i have just picked up at weekend.. You also have to option of the USB Dock then to tube to lens to your liking.

and to throw spanner in the works what about the sigma 150-500?
though looking at all the reviews, images, youtube vids and whatever else ive found over past few weeks the tamron does seem to be the better lens. the OS on the tamron supposed to be excellent, and of course its got 4-5 years advancement in lens technology over the sigma. some have even said its better than the new sigma 150-600 where a few people have had some major issues . i guess though with any lens in this kind of zoom range there will always be a few compromises but for the money i dont think you can honestly lose out whatever one you choose. if you wanted ulta pin sharp then the choice is a canon L prime or similar but then your paying serious amounts of money for that.

My Tamron has been away twice but thats another story ;) the last time it was away four weeks,the dealer i bought it from loaned me a secondhand Sigma 50-500,lovely lens far better than it should be with that zoom range but no where near as sharp as the Tamron at max zoom and a lot slower to focus.
Thats the facts but i could have had a less than perfect copy on loan,the first time i used the Tamron on its return i thought they had done something to the focus as it was so much quicker than the Sigma had been,a bit disappointing as i loved the range of the Sigma.

dont know if weight is going to be a major factor too, the siggy is quite a chunk heavier than the tamron ( about 1lb heavier ) and its supposed to be a a little front heavy on the sigma too .

Best thing to do is try both of them on your camera body and see how each feels, you can then check out the images at home before buying which one you decide on.

Oh I have the Tamron :)

I thought they where close to the same weight but from my experience the Sigma handles better.

Sorry, thought you were talking about the 150-600 sigma.

I also had the 50-500. Very nice lens buy the lack of a focus limiter was a big disadvantage for me. If you do nor desperately need the 50mm dock length I would go with the tamron

Last edited:
Back