Signature board, mount recomendarions

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
I saw a lovely idea at a wedding with one of the couples engagement photos about 10x8 size in a large A3 mount so guests could sign a short message. But the large mount allowed for plenty of room for guests to leave a lot of messages. Iam not sure the correct name. I think iam after just a normal mount or maybe a strut mount? Can anyone recommend a supplier?

I get a local framer to cut my sign mats

About £3.50 each

Cheers Stu, is that the correct term 'sign mats' ?

the whole thing assembled is called a signing board. I normally get my local framer to cut me a 10" x 8" appature in a 20" by 20" mount. Costs about £3

Do you just leave them with a frame at the end of the night? or do you have to pick them up the next day and get them framed?

Just leave a mount with photo inside it on show at the wedding. Then at a later date can be framed if needs be and/or photo replaced for a wedding day photo.

I supply a 12x8 image in a 6 inch border mount, black frame, safety glass hidden under the frame as part of my package. The couple have a ready made piece of wall art for when they return home. Costs me £20 from a local framer and is a bonus surprise to the client as they only expect a signing board. That little bit extra seems to wow them which is all part of the service.

So a few questions Tom so you dont charge extra for it? and what do you put it on - do you use an easel and then have to pick it up from the hotel?

It is part of my package so of course I charge them but they do not see it as a charge. If the venue doesn't have an easel, a lectern will do otherwise it is usually put on the 'gift' table, flat. They, the venue and B&G, are given explicit instructions about it especially re the glass. It is a winner. I have started to supply pens too, monogrammed with my details, ball point is best as fibre tip pens may bleed.

Last edited:
We actually supply quite a lot of these to photographers and bridal shops.

Ours are £16 plus delivery of £6 and that includes the printing of a 5x7 image, mounting it in a 20x16 frame complete with safety glass and back.

The guests at the wedding sign it, the B&G take it home put the glass in the front and hang it on their wall. If required we can also emboss the B&G's name on the mount but that costs a little extra but still very popular.

:rules: I have read the rules, I'm not advertising, honest :whistle: only informing the op what I and other framers supply

Here is one from last year..... this shows on a lectern at Nunsmere...... it is reversed so all the B&G need to do is lift up the lugs, flip out the mount and backboard and turn over, push the lugs back down and turn the frame around. They don't even need to touch the glass. I need to take one of the 'show' side too.

Mount.jpg

Last edited:
How much do you guys charge?

no free advertising please :)

A lot of established wedding togs that we supply usually include an engagement shoot and a signing board in with their wedding package but could easily be an add on for £40-£50 depending on the client.

no free advertising please

Nothing is free in this world, that's why I am paying for ads in the printing and presentation thread.

Back