Sika Stag

Nice one Gav, looks good here, it's certainly sharp enough. The processing looks good. (y)

Looks good ;)

"Excellent" wildlife style capture Gav, PP looks pretty good to me matey.

Looks good, maybe slightly too punchy/contrasty for me with deeper shadows/blacks than I would personally choose. Maybe a whisker less contrast or blacks and its there, or lift the shadows ever so slightly. But we are taking very very minor amounts either way.

Looks good ;)
Cheers Jak (y)
Lovely mate
Thanks Keith :)
"Excellent" wildlife style capture Gav, PP looks pretty good to me matey.
Thank you, George (y)
He's a handsome chappy ;)
Nicely processed
He is, thank you, Mike (y)
Looks good, maybe slightly too punchy/contrasty for me with deeper shadows/blacks than I would personally choose. Maybe a whisker less contrast or blacks and its there, or lift the shadows ever so slightly. But we are taking very very minor amounts either way.
Thank you, Steve :) I was a little worried I had over cooked, so many new sliders and adjuments to play with and I may have got carried away. Thank you for the feedback, I'll watch my next edits (y)

If it were me I'd lose the OoF tree to the left of image.
That of course may make the subject a little tight in the frame, though.
But apart from that, there is not a lot wrong with that that I can see Gav. :)

If it were me I'd lose the OoF tree to the left of image.
That of course may make the subject a little tight in the frame, though.
But apart from that, there is not a lot wrong with that that I can see Gav. :)
I could try a square crop ;) not sure I could clone that much out with my lack of skill, I'll take a look after work (y)
Thank you :)

Last edited:
not sure I could clone that much out with my lack of skill,

By taking out the tree to the right it also puts the eyes pretty much on a third, if you don't like it, say so and I'll nuke it :)

52551691488_ed272822d0_b.jpg

By taking out the tree to the right it also puts the eyes pretty much on a third, if you don't like it, say so and I'll nuke it :)

View attachment 375676
All good, no need to nuke :)
I wonder if a little off the right and bottom??
Thank you for taking a look, I have a few RAW files if you have time ..? :exit::LOL::LOL:

What are they then? :p
You're a star, I'll send them over :LOL:
You could be right, loose most of the Oof grass and balance it up a bit .. Like this?
Sorry, I didn't mean for you to take another look, thank you.
I feel it looks better, may be still too much behind him? As he looks offset?
Does look a like a referance image now, not a bad thing though :)

May be I could swap the BG for something else, never done it, but I do see it done a lot these days? ...*shakes a can of worms* :LOL:

Edit - I've seen it on certain social media posts not here

Thank you again, I appreciate it... now where is that SD card :thinking: :exit::LOL:

Last edited:
You're a star, I'll send them over :LOL:
I'm not that much of a star :D

Sorry, I didn't mean for you to take another look, thank you.
No worries it only took a few seconds in photoshop :)

I feel it looks better, may be still too much behind him? As he looks offset?
You're right I put a ruler on it, and there is half a centimeter more behind his arse than in front of his chest.
But anyway you get the idea :)

Thank you again, I appreciate it... now where is that SD card :thinking: :exit::LOL:
I love you man, but not that much :p

Last edited:
I can see Cobra's point about the OOF tree but despite the tree I prefer the original to the crop.

I also see Steve's point about the picture being a bit punchy.

Overall though maybe the tree is the biggest issue but having said all that I do like the picture as it is although a slightly less punchy version might give it some stiff competition.

Overall these are possibly just nit picking points in a good picture :D Well taken Gav :D

View attachment 375676
Personally, I think the deer is too cramped in the frame now with no space on the left for him to move into.
I don't find the OOF tree on the left to be a problem as my eye is drawn directly to the deer.
Perhaps darkening the tree a wee bit would help

I can see Cobra's point about the OOF tree but despite the tree I prefer the original to the crop.

I also see Steve's point about the picture being a bit punchy.

Overall though maybe the tree is the biggest issue but having said all that I do like the picture as it is although a slightly less punchy version might give it some stiff competition.

Overall these are possibly just nit picking points in a good picture :D Well taken Gav :D
Thank you, Alan, I'll keep tinkering with the software and see where I get too. I need to start thinking a little more a head of the animals movement and watch the BG.
Personally, I think the deer is too cramped in the frame now with no space on the left for him to move into.
I don't find the OOF tree on the left to be a problem as my eye is drawn directly to the deer.
Perhaps darkening the tree a wee bit would help
This would be my edit
Hope you don't mind, GavView attachment 375702
Hi Mike, I don't mind edits all, thank you for taking to time to do it, I really apperciate it :) Darkening tree has made a differance (y)

Looks really nice to my eye. I prefer your first upload. I can see a slight crop as Mike as done works well too but it loses some colour and warmth to my eyes.

Great image, up to your usual high standars.

Gaz

Looks really nice to my eye. I prefer your first upload. I can see a slight crop as Mike as done works well too but it loses some colour and warmth to my eyes.

Great image, up to your usual high standars.

Gaz
Thank you, Gaz.

Thank you for the feedback, it is nice to hear everyone's view on this (y)

This would be my edit
Hope you don't mind, GavView attachment 375702
I like this better. I've got to where I shoot an animal I want more room n front of it than behind. I crop most of them to 8x16 just for that. Seeing these now I think I get it better or how to explain it better. If there's not extra room in fron, there's no where for the animal to go! With little less in the back it's where it was coming from and that is past history, doesn't matter. Getting the tree out on the right really helped though. Nice change! Notice in this edit the tree, well half tree is gone and the deer does have some place to go.

Back