Silhouetted

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Another from this year's rut in Bushy Park. This red deer stag was on the southern edge of Oval Plantation, bellowing to attract female deer and as a deterent to other rival stags.

Image is virtually as shot apart from a slight crop to improve composition. Cant decide whether I like the silhouetted leaves/branches in the top corners.

Cracker Stephen, silhouette works perfectly for that shot. Detail in the stag would have been superfluous.

I love it. I'd really like to try some wildlife photography myself, particularly red deer.

The colours are fantastic and work great with the mist running along the ground. I can't decide if it would look better with the leaves in shot or not, but I imagine it would be quite difficult to remove the right ones?

Regardless it's a great shot and well captured.

Cracking shot! Beautiful light and exposure, the silhouette of the deer is great. I don't find the foliage in the corners distracting myself.

Thanks all.

It was shot with a Canon 7D, Sigma 150-500mm on a monopod.

Stephen

Last edited:
Beautiful shot.

If I was being picky then the branch that appears to be coming out of the mouth could do with cloning out, otherwise it would be straight on the wall.

Mike

Thats a great shot

Fantastic shot, I think the branches etc frame it nicely. Sort of agree about the highlight but what the hell, not worth the effort to remove, anyway can't decide if it adds or detracts.

Outstanding! Print it huge and hang it prominently.

Back