Silky Water atempt number 2

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought i'd give this another go after peoples comments. I have tried to get more of the rocks/waterfall into the composition this time. I am quite enjoying doing this, as it is a little different for me. Please, let me know what you think(y)

Silky Water

2117893668_3a144c6fc3_o.jpg

You have caught the effect well, however I feel it's the composition that lets it down a bit...perhaps if you'd had framed the rocks in a bit tighter....here's a recent one of mine....I too like these kinds of shots.

1805884042_c10f5a917a_o.jpg

Hi Newyorkaddict that is a much better attempt, much better. Just keep working at the composition (y)

Well, if the big picture fails to inspire you can always concentrate on the details....such as the group of rock, top right....zoom in and get a nice tight crop of them with some slow water... :) Use the shapes of the rocks to add interest...

Very nice indeed.
I am a very novice photographer and would like to know what camera settings did you use to achieve this effect?

Very nice indeed.
I am a very novice photographer and would like to know what camera settings did you use to achieve this effect?

Camera on tripod, cable release, camera set to AV mode and mirror lock if you have the function, and shoot in the f16 to f22 range with CP filter or Graduated filter......

You need a slow shutter speed to get the effect...I also dial in some negative av comp so that I don't blow the highlights.

Did you use a polarizer on this shot? I like the colour saturation but wondered if that was straight from the camera or bumped up a bit?

Back