Silver Efex Pro 3

Edit My Images
Yes
I've used this for my B&W conversions for a while now and have been very happy with the results, but of late I'm increasingly noting a feint blue or bluey/green tinge in the converted images, especially apparent in skin tones. I've tried playing with the paper and silver hues which will cancel the tint, but adds it's own tint in other areas, which I don't want.

Anybody have any ideas how I can get round this? TIA

I've used this for my B&W conversions for a while now and have been very happy with the results, but of late I'm increasingly noting a feint blue or bluey/green tinge in the converted images, especially apparent in skin tones. I've tried playing with the paper and silver hues which will cancel the tint, but adds it's own tint in other areas, which I don't want.

Anybody have any ideas how I can get round this? TIA
Are you only seeing it in the print only, or is it apparent on the screen as well?

If it's on the screen and the print, it's likely to be the software (or possibly your eyesight?)
If it's on the print only, then it's the print process

My money is on the software not fully grayscaling the image - especially if you're using the colour sliders to set different tones. Does the software have the facility to greyscale the image beforehand? Do you have any other software that can fully desaturate the colour once you've done the conversion? (i.e. Lightroom/Photoshop)

If it looks like it's the print process, does your print driver/dialogue have a black & white print mode? This usually desaturates the image. Printers can do weird things if you supply a B&W image and try using colour profiles to print it - especially if you only have one black ink cart.

The fact that it's only just started happening suggests a change somewhere. Have your print drivers or SEP3 been recently updated? If yes - check Google for complaints about the same thing.

THat's all I can think of.

Are you only seeing it in the print only, or is it apparent on the screen as well?

If it's on the screen and the print, it's likely to be the software (or possibly your eyesight?)
If it's on the print only, then it's the print process

My money is on the software not fully grayscaling the image - especially if you're using the colour sliders to set different tones. Does the software have the facility to greyscale the image beforehand? Do you have any other software that can fully desaturate the colour once you've done the conversion? (i.e. Lightroom/Photoshop)

If it looks like it's the print process, does your print driver/dialogue have a black & white print mode? This usually desaturates the image. Printers can do weird things if you supply a B&W image and try using colour profiles to print it - especially if you only have one black ink cart.

The fact that it's only just started happening suggests a change somewhere. Have your print drivers or SEP3 been recently updated? If yes - check Google for complaints about the same thing.

THat's all I can think of.
Hi Ian, many thanks for that. It's both screen and print and through a bit of playing over the weekend it seems to be related to the magenta in the original image. I edit in LR and have SEP3 as a plug in so it passes a colour TIF into SE. When it comes back into LR with a tint, desaturating it doesn't remove it. I'm with you on it not fully greyscaling the image as I do use the colour sliders to get the look I want. I did try Google as that was my thought too, but I couldn't find anything. I'll have a bit more of a play between LR, PS and SEP3
Thanks for your help, it's given me another avenue to explore (y)

I haven't got the new version, but if memory serves me right you could add a tint somewhere in the settings, check you haven't accidently turned this on (or maybe a default setting now?) I think it was for split toning but I cant check at the moment.

Back