Silver filters

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I recently got an Olympus om-d in silver and am looking to get the Olympus primes in silver. I want to put UV filters on them but can't find uv filters in silver anywhere in uk stores.

I know b+w do a range of silver "digital pro" filters because the 12mm i just bought has one, but I can't find them anywhere other than US stores.

Any ideas of decent quality silver filters? Am I missing something obvious?

Don't think your missing anything. Probably because these not been many silver lenses around for a good few decades filters have only been in matching black. Could always try painting a black one, on the out side only of course.

How about buying from the US?

Or maybe getting the part / item numbers and asking a UK B&W dealer to get a price to order in?

Cheers guys. I've looked at buying from b&h in the US, shipping as a fair amount but I didn't think of buying as a group. I'll look into that, thanks for the idea.

I do not trust myself to paint one! Maybe I'll get a cheapo and try painting or sanding off the black.

Filters should be black, at least on the inside. You don't want anything shiny like that catching the light and causing problems. Suggest paint ;)

Maybe I'll get a cheapo and try painting or sanding off the black.

That would be worse - filters always degrade image quality and cheap ones moreso!

I was thinking more contact a UK dealer for B&W products and see if they can get them for you. Not as a group, just the dealer themselves.

Filters should be black, at least on the inside. You don't want anything shiny like that catching the light and causing problems. Suggest paint ;)

Hadn't thought of that, good point.

That would be worse - filters always degrade image quality and cheap ones moreso!

I was thinking more contact a UK dealer for B&W products and see if they can get them for you. Not as a group, just the dealer themselves.

Yes, I meant to practice on the cheapo before getting a decent one. But I think I'd rather just find somewhere to buy them. I'll contact a few places and see what comes up.

Back