Lewis:

lewis.jpg

And as promised, Lewis Hamilton "spy" shots. :LOL:

lewis_garage_1.jpg

lewis_garage_2.jpg

lewis_garage_3.jpg

I'm guessing you had a lot of fun.
Good to bring home the goods eh?

I have no idea re. Red Bull racing paint scheme. Here's a 100% crop: looks like lots of pictures = paint scheme. :)

david_100crop.jpg

As for the spy shots, here's what I have to work with. :LOL: I was standing across the pits in the grandstands and on the top most row with my puny 70-300mm IS. :D

lewis_garage_full.jpg

Its alright kamion, I guessed roughly where you were stood, I have done the same sort of shots, and they always end up soft but at least you got them! (y)

yes, it looks like a load of photographs.... **wanders off to autosport to find out what RBR are up to**:D

Yes, it was good fun! Until my batteries ran out at 2pm! And I was posing for a shot with those wheel change gun thingies at the BMW race park or what-cha-ma-call-it. :(

Actually, I've found that Spykers are the most easiest to get pin sharp shots of. Maybe because of their orange colour so the camera thinks it's skin? McLarens are the worst... maybe it's just because Spykers are slow. :LOL:

Yes, it was good fun! Until my batteries ran out at 2pm! And I was posing for a shot with those wheel change gun thingies at the BMW race park or what-cha-ma-call-it. :(

Actually, I've found that Spykers are the most easiest to get pin sharp shots of. Maybe because of their orange colour so the camera thinks it's skin? McLarens are the worst... maybe it's just because Spykers are slow. :LOL:

I always struggled with the whites of the BMWs too. Especially in strong sunlight.

Oh, all shots taken with 70-300mm Canon IS.

Yes, I was on Luffield... :coat:

How cool are you! :D

:p :p :LOL: :LOL:

Not THAT cool, most have been for test sessions or non-F1 meets - but I love the place, despite what BE might say!

Kamion - I think the problem with the macca is the amount of light it reflects, confuses the metering systems....well thats MY excuse every time I get a blur image on one!! :LOL:

Strangely the easiest used to be the Honda when it had white paintwork, but these days, I struggles with it even at goodwood slower speeds.

Are you going tomorrow or sunday?

Are you going tomorrow or sunday?

Unfortunately for me, I'm not going tomorrow or Sunday. I only went today because I got some last minute tickets FOC from a friend of a friend who won some tickets in some competition and couldn't make it.

Unfortunately for me, I'm not going tomorrow or Sunday. I only went today because I got some last minute tickets FOC from a friend of a friend who won some tickets in some competition and couldn't make it.

You probably did the best day anyway - you got to see all the cars and drivers, and get to see the entire race on the TV instead of packed like sardines in a stand/on a grass bank with only a 300 metres of track in view. ;)

Great photos kamion (y)

and get to see the entire race on the TV instead of packed like sardines in a stand/on a grass bank with only a 300 metres of track in view. ;)
Unless you have a big screen and Kangaroo TV to watch ;)

large-screen.jpg

Kangaroo TV is a great idea and a very good usage of Digital TV.

Here's a couple more shots:

Barichello, and a Spyker (and showing off some DOF? :geek:):
barrichello_800_2.jpg

Alonso:
alonso_800.jpg

Oh, I took about 400 shots before the batteries ran out. :eek:

Back