IMG_6583.jpg

IMG_6386.jpg

IMG_6414b.jpg

IMG_6418.jpg

IMG_6434.jpg

IMG_6658.jpg

Cheers,
Simon.

Yes, I was in one of the ground floor suites. There aren't many places where you can get as close to the cars (especially at Silverstone).

very good shots, lucky man to get such a good position. Not so keen on the ladies shot, i think if the blond in the middle was in focus and the rest oof, that would have been ace, just MHO of course

Not so keen on the ladies shot, i think if the blond in the middle was in focus and the rest oof, that would have been ace, just MHO of course

Totally agree with that!! :love:

Awesome shots BTW.

Excellent stuff, I've been there a few times over the years but never that close.

Well done.

OOOH JEALOUS IS ME!! Some really cool shots. People mention 'suites' - was this some kind of business/hospitality thing, or can regular people pay(lots) for access??

The pitlane suites are located along the entrance to the pitlane all the way up to about 50 yards from the podium. There are upper and lower levels. Some are open to the public, others are hired by the teams/sponsors. These shots were taken on the ground floor so you're only about 3 feet from the edge of the pitlane. The upper floors give you a better view of the circuit but worse view of the pitlane. Some of the lower floor suites have catch fencing in front so check before you buy. I bought my ticket for Saturday for £200 from ebay. It's expensive but so are grandstand seats these days. The advantage is all your food / drink is paid for, you have access to the infield and a great view.

Thanks for the info. Will keep an eye out if the race returns to Silverstone in 2010. I guess things will be up in the air in terms of known vantage points, and good spots to be at Donnington, as I imagine much of it will be new.

very very nice, soooo envious, wish i could of been on the inside of the track

Really great shots here! Love the one of Lewis.. my opinion my be bias as i'm a Lewis fan :p All very good though and great place to be! Thank you for sharing :)

I like the last one, but the others don't really work for me. Sorry.

Back