Scott
Edit My Images
No
Guys

Where would you sit at Silverstone now days

Been told I need an under cover grandstand

Cheers
Scott

Sorry, don't know about seating, but just been reading about the price hikes on tickets! HERE Thats why I dont go anymore, simply cannot afford it!

Been in covered stands over previous years and sometimes they're absolutely freezing inside. When I went (not anymore mainly because of cost) I never worried about it being covered.
Pick you seat numbers carefully and if it ends up raining you can use a brollie that others in forward rows can't.
Best ones are at Club or in the Village section IMO

Are there any seating maps anywhere on the net? Ive got reserved seats in International Pit Straight for this years F1, but whilst I know the seat numbers Ive no idea whereabouts in the grandstand they are.

Are there any seating maps anywhere on the net? Ive got reserved seats in International Pit Straight for this years F1, but whilst I know the seat numbers Ive no idea whereabouts in the grandstand they are.

You'll have to ask the circuit about that.

Sorry, don't know about seating, but just been reading about the price hikes on tickets! HERE Thats why I dont go anymore, simply cannot afford it!

Agree! I was looking at going to my first F1 race, and for the price of admission to silverstone (taking into account driving down there and acomodation) i can fly to italy, stay a week all inclusive and have tickets to the track for the weekend and only have spent a little more than if i stayed in england where it's likely to p**s down!

Agree! I was looking at going to my first F1 race, and for the price of admission to silverstone (taking into account driving down there and acomodation) i can fly to italy, stay a week all inclusive and have tickets to the track for the weekend and only have spent a little more than if i stayed in england where it's likely to p**s down!

Me and a few mates did that very thing a few years back. The circuit at Monza was immense. We stayed in Bergamo and enjoyed it thoroughly. I would definitely recommend it...

I'm still in the planning stages at the moment, Want to make a proper holiday of it, not just an F1 weekend, i really want to stay in Hotel de la ville as apparently alot of the drivers and big F1 names stay there but its pricey.

Anyway, dont want to take the thread off topic.

Cheers for all of your responses

Really don't mind about hijacking the thread gives people a place to vent their views

In my expereince

For Photography:

Unobstructed (Fence) views
Luffield 'complex' grandstand (not on sale as yet I believe - but grandstand is still in place so will likely be made available soon.

Luffield terrace - can view over fence

Club gold - reasonable price - great views if further back in stand
Club covered - expensive but good views of wing and pit. (available from f1 site only now)
New pit straight (club end)

certain sections of the old straight

beckets - but you are quite a way away.

Avoid- Vale, behind a huge spectator area poor views.
Village- wellington straight end. rear 3/4 views

Back