weekly SimonB 52 for 2023 - Weeks 50, 51 and 52!

Well, its a day off for me and it is raining outside...yay.

The snappers pic is the joy that is studying for a degree, some days I just wish I hadn't started, but this is the last module. I try and do a little every day to lessen the pain, I am not particularly academically minded. I much prefer to be doing other jobs.

Snappers-work
by Simon Brown

Don't ask me why but when I saw the theme was "wall" my first thought was my Lego model. It's a wall just not a real one! The road was photoshopped in to add a bit of realism, quite chuffed with how it turned out.

Wall
by Simon Brown

Writing - actual writing! On paper! With a pen! How quaint :D

Nice Ghostbusting!

Snappers: As said, not a computer in sight! Reminds me of typing my thesis on a typewriter of all things :D
Wall.. Made me smile and the road is totally convincing.

Went out for a long and cold walk this morning for inspiration and found it towards the end of my walk.

Two pictures for Autumnal, very torn between them and plumped for the bare trees of Autumn. The leaf-covered path was also tempting but without looking I suspect that many other folk have done the same sort of picture.

Autumnal 2
by Simon Brown

Autumnal 1
by Simon Brown

Arrows and three at once! I quite like how the red pops with the dreary background.

Arrows
by Simon Brown

Autumn. Nice silhouette of the trees. A different take as you say.
Arrows. The red certainly cheers it up. Ticks the box nicely.

A very wet day today allowed me to capture this shot of the rain drops on the window. I had to use manual focus as the camera was able to "see" beyond my target. A quick snap to make sure I don't fall behind too far!

Window
by Simon Brown

I hope everyone had a good Christmas, I was glad to spend the time with family and found an opportunity to take a couple of pictures.

Week 50 - (never too) Old

A Lego model that it currently that my wife is currently putting together. It annoys me slightly when folk say you are too old for certain things and stop you from embracing your inner child. Just do what makes you happy and enjoy life. So you're never too old to enjoy things like Lego!

Old
by Simon Brown

Week 51 - Festive

Ah a nice easy one this week. I went round to my brother's house and his children had left a pile of destruction in their wake with wrapping paper everywhere. I am sure that was a common sight in most people's houses.

Festive
by Simon Brown

Looks like you have that one wrappd up Simon :)

It's been a funny year for photography started full of beans and then did nothing for several weeks, this resulted in a catch-up session of around 30 photos! Still, this is probably my favorite picture from 2023.

Tulip
by Simon Brown

A lovely shot! Perfect shutter speed, good framing, great (natural) colour pop. I love it.

Yep - that a beauty Simon :)

Stunning! I love it. Well done on getting to the end too...

Back