Simple, free photo editing/printing software for Win 10 that supports custom profiles?

ChrisR

I'm a well known grump...
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, as the title says, is there some simple, free photo software for Windows 10 that supports custom profiles when printing? Windows Photo doesn't seem to give any options like that, and Paint doesn't either, as far as I can see (I got the option to have either standard or Adobe RGB, but that's not for printing, I guess).

I think GIMP probably does, but my one experience with it in the past (on an earlier Mac) suggests it's not simple!

I know that you do not have a Nikon but Nikon NX Studio will let you do this for jpeg or tiff

C1 express?

I'm primarily a Lightroom user, but for the minimal cost Affinity is well worth the money and pretty up to date with all its features.

Yes, I know it's not free......

I'm primarily a Lightroom user, but for the minimal cost Affinity is well worth the money and pretty up to date with all its features.

Yes, I know it's not free......
Thought about that, as an Affinity user on my Mac. I even checked the licence; it seems I can use my copy on as many Macs as I have, for personal use, but to use it on Windows I have to buy another licence!

Good suggestion, as I use C1Pro on my Mac. Not sure if it's still available, but I'll have a look, thanks.
You can get C1 Express for Fujifilm or Sony. Since I originally got C1Pro for Fujifilm (I have a X10!), I went with that. Seems to work fine (for the one test image) and printed with the required profile. Thanks @Paulie-W

Thought about that, as an Affinity user on my Mac. I even checked the licence; it seems I can use my copy on as many Macs as I have, for personal use, but to use it on Windows I have to buy another licence!
FWIW I found this info re: V2 universal license

Types of Affinity licence​

• An Affinity V2 Universal Licence: A single licence that allows you to use any Version 2 Affinity application (Designer, Photo and Publisher) on all three operating systems (macOS, Windows and iPadOS). You can buy this via an in-app purchase.

A while back I needed to use Publisher for a small project and the universal license was on offer (IIRC in effect it was buy two e.g. photo & publisher and get designer free. I bought the universal license at that time. So for me it was a case "more strings to my bow" should I need such programs in due course.

Back