Simple IOS cycling app?

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
I'm looking for a simple IOS cycling app, something I can take with me on my exercise rides.
I don't want to know my heart rate or other 'technical' bits, just record where I am and where I have been on a map, ( Oi! -I heard that :bat: ).
Definitely want it to record the mileage I've travelled, maybe elevation and things like that.
I don't want to compete against the world or have someone yelling at me to 'feel the burn' ... and ideally I would like it to be free.
Any suggestions please?

Komoot is cycling specific (but does walking and hiking too), and records rides. Good app to plan routes as well, if you unlock the maps.

Last edited:
Strava (free version) is another. It will do lots of things you don't want to do but it's easy to set it to not do those things, if that makes sense. I use it out walking. I'm only interested in the distance and sometimes where and why I became 'temporarily unsure of my position', as we say in aviation ;) , but it also shows me elevation, pace and segment breakdowns, so I can see exactly why I nearly died on my feet.................
I think my partner uses MapMyWalk (also free) for his cycling. If you want the basics they're all much the same. If you want more than basics, they differ, and possibly differ in how much you get before you have to pay for more features.

I use Cyclemeter... not sure if there's a free version... but I pay £6 ish yearly.

Komoot is excellent - free (unless you want to start in multi-regions) and does everything you want

Thanks for all of the suggestions, for the moment I am trialling 'Map my Ride', which does seem to offer what I need but Komoot is also on the iPhone as it does offer some nice pre-planned routes too. :)

Back