Simple lens hood question

Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

I have managed to lose my Tokina 12-24mm lens hood and now need a replacement. Does anyone know of anywhere to buy these for a decent price (or even better have a spare one they would like to sell)?

Alternatively does anyone know whether the Nikon 77mm lens hood (HB-31) would fit the lens and work as well?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Michael

You can probably contact tokina spares / repairs department and buy one. I doubt that a nikon one would fit, and in any case, a long hood just won't work on a ultrawide lens, as it will cut into the visible picture.

I have a 77m Tokina Petal Hood that might fit, beware these are silly prices to buy new. about thirty quid on Amazon.
Welcome to give it a go and send it back if of no use, if its ok would want 15 quid for it

Cheers
Rich

Have you tried looking on e-bay etc to see if anyone has one for sale :shrug:

dcash29: Cheers for that. May make one to get by with for now :)
itsdavedotnet: The HB-31 is designed for (along with other lenses) the Nikon 12-24mm so vignetting should not be a problem, I was just unsure as to whether the fit would be the same.
tijuana_taxi: This sounds good to me. Before we do anything else does the hood have a code on it by any chance? I think it's a BH779 I am looking for.
andyred: Already look their and unfortunately nothing available when I looked.

Michael

A screw on hood may be the short term answer but I'm not sure if there would be much vignetting as it's a WA lens.

just to keep this thread up to date I have a brand new hood on its way to me tomorrow for £17ish ...

Big thanks to f1charlie for Kenro's details :)

(y)

Was that from Kenro? That's not too bad a price - I thought it might be more.

Back